The day the last emperor of Russia died – level 1
Nicholas II is a tsar in Russia. He starts in 1894. He has 5 children.
In 1917, a revolution comes to Russia. Nicholas must abdicate. The Soviet leaders keep Nicholas and his family in one house. The house is their prison.
On July 17, 1918, Nicholas and his family must wake up at 2 in the morning. They must go to one room.
10 men with guns came to the room. The men start to shoot. The men kill everybody in the family.
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.