The day the last emperor of Russia died – level 2
Nicholas II was a Russian tsar. He came to power in 1894. He and his wife had 5 children.
In 1917, a revolution came and Nicholas abdicated. The Soviet leaders held Nicholas and his family as prisoners in one house in Russia.
On July 17, 1918, Nicholas and his family were woken up at 2 a.m. They were taken into one room.
10 men with guns came to the room. They told Nicholas that the Soviet leaders decided to kill them. The men took their guns and began shooting. They killed everybody in the family.
The dead bodies were burned and thrown into an old mine.
What do you think were the legacy and consequences of Nicholas II's rule?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.