The day the Trans-Siberian Railway construction began – level 1
On May 31, 1891, the construction of the Trans-Siberian Railway starts.
The construction of the railway is a very big project. 90,000 workers are building it. Their work is sometimes very hard.
The railway is finished after 25 years. It is 9,000 kilometers long. It is the longest railway in the world.
The railway connects Moscow with Vladivostok. It is important for the development of Russia’s economy and industry.
What were some of the benefits of the Trans-Siberian Railway to Russia's economy and industry?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.