The day the Trans-Siberian Railway construction began – level 3
On May 31, 1891, the construction of the Trans-Siberian Railway officially began.
The construction of the Trans-Siberian Railway was a massive project that required the labor of over 90,000 workers, many of whom worked under harsh conditions.
The railway was completed in 1916, after 25 years of construction, spanning a distance of over 9,000 kilometers and making it the longest railway in the world.
The Trans-Siberian Railway directly connects Moscow with Vladivostok and played a crucial role in the development of Russia’s economy and industry, as it allowed for the transportation of goods and people across the vast country.
What other ways did the Trans-Siberian Railway aid the development of Russia's infrastructure?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.