The day the Iran-Iraq War started – level 1
The war between Iran and Iraq starts on September 22, 1980. Iraq attacks Iran. Iraq wants to control land in Iran which has a lot of oil.
In the beginning, Iran loses some land. Then Iran gets its land back in June 1982. The war continues for six more years. It ends on August 20, 1988.
500,000 Iraqi and Iranian soldiers die in the war. The border between the two countries stays the same.
Difficult words: oil (a black material which is underground), border (the line between two countries), stay (to continue to be somewhere).
What long-term economic implications did the war have on both Iran and Iraq?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.