The day Ötzi was found – level 1
It is September 1991. Two German tourists are walking in the Ötztal Alps between Austria and Italy. The tourists are 3,210 meters above sea level. They decide to take a shorter way. They walk off the mountain path.
They see a body in the ice. They think that it is a dead mountaineer. Local authorities take the body out. They examine it.
The body is amazing. It is more than 5,000 years old. It is a mummy. Experts call the mummy Ötzi.
Ötzi is 160 centimeters tall. Ice keeps his body in a very good state. Experts learn a lot about Ötzi and his life. Ötzi is the oldest natural mummy in Europe.
What new information have scientists been able to learn about Ötzi's life, based on the artifacts that have been discovered with him?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.