The day the car for normal people was made – level 2
It is the year 1908. It is twenty-three years after Karl Benz made the world’s first car in Germany. After such a long time, only very rich people can buy a car. This situation will change very soon.
It’s Thursday, October 1, 1908, and Henry Ford makes his Ford Model T. 35-year-old American businessman Henry Ford had this plan for a long time. He wanted to make a car which normal people could buy.
The Ford T is cheap. It costs only $850 and in some time the price goes down to $300. That’s the money which a regular worker at a Ford factory makes in just 3 months.
The production of this car stops in 1927. It is a very popular car. People buy 15 million units of this car.
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.