The day the BBC played a prank on April Fools’ Day – level 1
The BBC plays a famous prank on April 1, 1957. It is a prank for an April Fools’ Day. The prank is a short film about a family in Switzerland. The film shows how the family picks spaghetti from trees.
The reporter explains that the warm winter is the reason for a lot of spaghetti on trees.
Many people believe the information in the film. Some people call the BBC. They want to know how to grow their own spaghetti trees.
The BBC later says that the film is a joke. The BBC also apologizes to people who believe the information in the film.
Difficult words: prank (a joke), apologize (to say that you are sorry).
What other pranks have the BBC pulled on April Fools' Day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.