The day bungee jumping was invented – level 1
Bungee jumping starts in England. The first jumpers are students from the Oxford University. Their first jump is on April 1, 1979.
The jump is from a bridge in Bristol, England.
The students use a rope which is made of rubber. They buy the rope from a local store. The rope is 30 meters long.
The police arrest the jumpers after the jump, but the police later release them.
In the following years, this extreme sport becomes popular all around the world.
Difficult words: rubber (soft but strong elastic material), arrest (take to a police station), release (let go), following (next).
What new extreme sport became popular after bungee jumping?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.