The day McDonald’s was founded – level 1
The first McDonald’s restaurant opens in California. It is on May 15, 1940. The McDonalds brothers open the restaurant.
The brothers have a very good fast-food system.
The original McDonald’s menu offers only nine things: hamburger, cheeseburger, potato chips, soft drink, milkshake, Coke, milk, coffee and orange drink.
In 1954, Ray Kroc visits their restaurant. Kroc likes their system very much. He wants to franchise their system. He wants to open a lot of restaurants.
The first franchised McDonald’s restaurant opens in 1955. It sells 15-cent hamburgers, 10-cent chips, and 20-cent shakes.
In 1961, there are 200 McDonald’s restaurants in the United States.
What were the biggest challenges McDonald's faced when it first began franchising its system?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.