The day GPS was fully operational – level 1
GPS is a system which gives information about your location on the Earth.
GPS is originally made by the United States for the US Army, but now everybody can use it. If you want to use GPS, you need a smartphone.
GPS is made of 24 satellites which go around the Earth. The satellites send signals to smartphones.
GPS satellites travel at a height of 20,000 km above the Earth. They go around the Earth twice a day.
The GPS system is fully operational on July 17, 1995.
What advantages and disadvantages do you think exist with GPS systems?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.