The day the Dalai Lama began an exile in India – level 2
In March 1959, the 14th Dalai Lama left his home in Tibet after a failed rebellion against Chinese rule.
During the journey to India, the Dalai Lama wore a uniform of a Chinese soldier to avoid detection by Chinese soldiers.
His brother and a small group of friends traveled with him. The Dalai Lama carried only a few things, including some religious texts and a photograph of his teacher, the 13th Dalai Lama.
The weather was terrible. There were big snowstorms and high winds. They often traveled at night.
The Dalai Lama and his friends finally reached India on March 31. They were granted asylum by the Indian government.
What challenges did the Dalai Lama's small group face during their bold journey to India?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.