The day of the first atomic bomb explosion – level 2
On July 16, 1945, the United States did the first successful test of an atomic bomb in New Mexico.
The atomic bomb was a top-secret government project. The United States wanted to create an atomic bomb before the enemy did during World War II.
The explosion created a mushroom cloud which was 12 km high and an explosion wave was felt over 160 km away.
The success of the test led to the use of atomic bombs against Japan in August of that year.
What long-term effects did the explosion have on the people and environment in New Mexico?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.