The day of the Costa Concordia disaster – level 1
Costa Concordia is a big ship. On January 13, 2012, the ship is traveling near the land in Italy.
The ship changes its standard direction. After the change of direction, the ship hits a rock underwater.
The collision makes a hole in the ship. The hole is 35 meters long. Seawater goes inside the ship.
The ship stops. The ship leans to one side. Then the ship partially goes underwater.
The evacuation is slow. It takes about six hours to evacuate the people.
The accident is a big disaster. 32 people die during the accident. Many people are injured.
What measures can be taken to help prevent similar disasters from occurring in the future?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.