The day World War II began – level 1
In 1936, Adolf Hitler is the leader of the Nazis in Germany. The Nazis want to make one big country for all people who speak German.
The first country is Austria. Hitler has a clever plan. He helps the Austrian Nazis take control of the country. Later, Hitler’s army goes to Austria. Now, Austria is a part of Germany.
Other European countries don’t stop Hitler. He takes more and more power.
In 1938, Britain and France say that Hitler can take some parts of Czechoslovakia.
In 1939, Hitler wants to go to Poland. On 1 September 1939, the German army goes to Poland.
A war starts. It is the worst war in history. It is six years long. Eighty million people die.
How does Adolf Hitler get more and more power?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.