The day Winston Churchill became the prime minister – level 2
Winston Churchill became Prime Minister of the United Kingdom on May 10, 1940.
He took over the role during a critical time in British history. The country was at war with Nazi Germany and had to deal with the potential invasion.
Churchill’s appointment was not popular among some members of his own party. They felt that he was too unpredictable and impulsive to lead the country effectively. However, he was chosen due to his experience and reputation as a strong leader.
During his time as Prime Minister, Churchill gave many famous speeches which inspired people to be strong during those difficult times.
What impact did Winston Churchill's speeches have on the morale of the British people throughout World War II?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.