The day Winston Churchill became the prime minister – level 1
Winston Churchill becomes Prime Minister of the United Kingdom on May 10, 1940.
It is during a difficult time in British history. The country is at war with Nazi Germany.
People choose Churchill because he has experience and he is a strong leader. Some people in Britain don’t like that Churchill is Prime Minister. They think that he is very impulsive for this position.
During his time as Prime Minister, Churchill gives many famous speeches. They inspire people to be strong during the difficult times.
What impact did Churchill’s famous speeches have on the British public during wartime?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.