The day Wikipedia started – level 2
Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia. It became one of the most popular websites on the internet. It provides information on many topics. People can use it for free.
The website officially started on January 15, 2001.
The authors of Wikipedia wanted to create a place where people could write and edit articles. The goal was to provide correct information to the world.
The name “Wikipedia” comes from the combination of the words “wiki”, which means quick in Hawaiian, and “encyclopedia”.
On its first day, Wikipedia had only a few articles, but it quickly grew to a big size. By the end of its first year, it had over 20,000 articles in many languages.
What impact has Wikipedia had on the way people research and use information around the world?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.