The day the Roswell UFO incident was published – level 2
One morning in July 1947, a farmer who worked on the ranch in New Mexico, US, came to a place that looked like a crash site. It was a big area with many pieces of aluminum and rubber.
The farmer went to the near town of Roswell. He told the local sheriff that he found a flying disc. The sheriff reported this information to the army. When the soldiers arrived at the crash site, they found more parts of aluminum and rubber.
On July 8, 1947, the army said that they found a “flying disc”, that crashed on a ranch near Roswell. This information was immediately published by many newspapers.
Later that day, the army said that it was the crash of a weather balloon. However, many people didn’t believe this explanation. To this day, some people think that it was a real UFO crash.
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.