The day the Roswell UFO incident was published – level 1
It is morning in July 1947. A farmer is walking on his ranch in New Mexico, US. He comes to one place. He sees something new. He sees many small broken pieces. The pieces are like aluminum or rubber.
The farmer goes to the near town. The name of the town is Roswell. The farmer speaks to a sheriff. The farmer speaks about a crash of a flying disc.
The sheriff gives this information to the army. When the soldiers come, they collect the pieces of aluminum and rubber.
It is July 8, 1947. Newspapers write about the crash near Roswell. The army says that it is the crash of a weather balloon. Many people don’t believe this explanation. Many people think that it is a UFO.
Difficult words: aluminum (a silver-white metal), rubber (a material like hard gum), sheriff (law officer), crash (a big accident), flying(able to fly), collect (to take), explanation (why something happens).
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.