The day the inventor of Morse Code was born – level 1
Samuel Morse is born on April 27, 1791, in Massachusetts.
He becomes a successful painter. Then he starts to work on the telegraph and Morse Code.
Together with his colleague, Morse creates a system of dots and dashes. The dots and dashes represent the letters of the alphabet.
Morse demonstrates the system for the first time in 1844 when he sends a message over a distance of 60 km.
The telegraph and Morse Code revolutionize communication. With these tools, it is possible to send messages quickly over long distances.
The most famous phrase in Morse code is the signal SOS.
Difficult words: telegraph (old method for sending messages), dot (a small round mark), dash (a small short line), revolutionize (to change completely).
What is the meaning of the acronym SOS in Morse code?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.