The day the Hollywood Walk of Fame was created – level 2
The idea to decorate Hollywood Boulevard with stars of famous people came in 1953. However, it took seven years to realize it.
In the first step, the stars for the first 8 celebrities were prepared. The stars were put on the sidewalk on February 8, 1960, in an official ceremony. Then, stars were made for more and more famous people.
Today, there are more than 2,600 of these stars in Hollywood. Each star has a name which is famous from film, television, radio, music, or theater. The stars are like a gallery of celebrities from show business.
All people can nominate a famous person for a star. However, the celebrity must agree to be present at the official ceremony and $50,000 must be paid. However, this money is usually not paid by the celebrity but by his fan clubs or production companies.
Each year about 20 celebrities are selected. Their stars are put on the sidewalk the next year.
Today, the Walk of Fame is already two and a half kilometers long.
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.