The day the first website was published – level 2
Tim Berners-Lee was born in London in 1955. Both his parents were computer scientists. Tim made his first computer during his university years.
After his studies, he started to work in Switzerland. In 1980, he created a program that was able to connect two computers in one company. It was great, but Tim wanted more. He wanted to connect computers all around the world. He created a new program that made it possible.
On August 6, 1989, he put the first website on the Internet. It was the beginning of the next phase in the information revolution. Thanks to his invention, today we can get information from all over the world with a few clicks.
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.