The day the first commercial spacecraft carried astronauts to the ISS – level 2
On May 30, 2020, SpaceX launched a spacecraft which carried two astronauts to the International Space Station (ISS). It was the first time when a privately owned spacecraft carried people into space.
The launch of the spacecraft was from Florida. The spacecraft successfully connected with the International Space Station about 19 hours after launch. The two astronauts stayed on board the station for about two months.
The launch was also the first launch with astronauts from the US since 2011.
What other important milestones have been achieved in space exploration since 2011?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.