The day the Falklands War ended – level 1
It is April 2, 1982. Soldiers from Argentina go to the Falkland Islands. 2 thousand people live on the islands. The people are British. They live 12,000 kilometers from Britain.
In London, people are shocked. The British government sends 93 ships to the Falkland Islands. There are 15 thousand soldiers on the ships. They have only one goal. They are going to get the islands back under British control.
It is May 1. A war starts on the islands. The war is in the air, at sea, and on land. On June 14, Argentina loses the war. The British soldiers win.
The Falklands War is 74 days long. 904 soldiers died in the war.
What impact did the Falkland War have on British domestic and international policy?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.