The day the construction of Big Ben began – level 1
Big Ben is the name for a big bell. The bell is in a tower in London. The bell is 13 tons heavy.
Today, when people speak about Big Ben, they speak about the whole tower, not only the bell. The tower has four big clocks on it.
People start to build the tower on September 28, 1843. The tower is finished in 1859. The tower is 96 meters tall. It is a famous building in London.
In 2012, the tower has a new name. The name is the Elizabeth Tower.
Difficult words: ton (1000 kilograms).
What is the new name of the tower in 2012?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.