The day the bicycle was invented – level 3
The invention of the bicycle was a gradual process that took place over several decades, with contributions from various inventors and engineers. However, one of the key dates in this process is considered to be June 12, 1817, when Baron Karl von Drais of Germany invented the first version of the bicycle.
The first bicycle had no pedals and was propelled by the rider’s feet pushing off the ground. The bicycle was able to travel at a speed of 13 km per hour.
The first bicycle was initially popular with wealthy Europeans as a form of entertainment.
What advances in technology allowed the bicycle to become a more widespread mode of transportation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.