The day the Battle of Mogadishu began – level 2
Mogadishu is the capital of Somalia. On October 3rd, 1993, the Battle of Mogadishu began.
In the beginning, the US soldiers wanted to catch two important Somali soldiers. The operation was planned to be an hour long, but it changed into a two-day battle.
During the battle, two US helicopters crashed deep into the enemy territory. The US soldiers tried to save the survivors of the crashes.
After a long fight, the survivors were saved but a lot of soldiers died on both sides. There were 18 American soldiers killed and 73 injured. The Somali soldiers had big losses too. About 300-500 were killed and over a thousand were injured.
What were the long-term effects of the Battle of Mogadishu on Somalia?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.