The day the Battle of Mogadishu began – level 1
Mogadishu is in Somalia. On October 3rd, 1993, the Battle of Mogadishu starts. In the beginning, the US soldiers want to catch two Somali soldiers. They want to do it fast, but soon they see that it is not easy. A big battle starts. The battle is two days long.
In the battle, two US helicopters crash. The US soldiers want to save the survivors of the crashes.
After a long fight, the survivors are safe but a lot of soldiers die. There are 18 American soldiers dead and 73 injured. There are 400 Somali soldiers dead and a thousand injured.
What were the long-term consequences of the Battle of Mogadishu?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.