The day President Kennedy was killed – level 1
On November 22, 1963, the weather is beautiful in Dallas, Texas, US. The US president, John F. Kennedy, goes in a car through the city streets. The car has no roof.
Thousands of people come to see the president. At one moment, people hear shots. One shot hits the president in the neck. Another shot hits the president in the head.
People take the president to hospital. The situation is very bad. Soon, the president dies in hospital.
40 minutes after the attack, the police catch Lee Harvey Oswald. He works in a building which is near the place of the attack. He likes the Cuban leader Castro.
He also lived for a long time in the Soviet Union. The police ask him many questions. But he never says that he does the attack.
Two days after the attack, the police take Oswald to prison. Many journalists are waiting for him. One man is waiting for him, too. His name is Jack Ruby.
At one moment, Ruby takes his revolver and shoots Oswald in the stomach. People take Oswald to hospital. His situation is very bad. Soon, he dies in hospital.
What evidence did the police have that linked Lee Harvey Oswald to the assassination of President Kennedy?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.