The day people saw the Earth and the Moon together – level 3
Voyager 1 is a space probe that was launched on September 5, 1977. The probe’s objective was to fly to Jupiter and Saturn and then continue to interstellar space. People had big expectations of the mission. They expected to see its first big results in one year as that was the time it took to travel to Jupiter.
However, the first big success of the mission came just after 13 days when Voyager 1 sent a picture of the Earth and the Moon together. It was the first time both worlds were seen in one picture.
Difficult words: probe (a spaceship without people which travels through space), launched (sent into space), objective (a goal), interstellar (between the stars in the sky; deep into space).
What do you think is the most significant accomplishment of the Voyager 1 mission?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.