The day Pablo Escobar was killed – level 1
Pablo Escobar is from Colombia. When he is a teenager, he steals cars. He sells illegal cigarettes.
Then he starts to sell drugs. He works with his brother. They send cocaine to the USA. Cocaine is a drug. People want cocaine very much. Escobar’s business is bigger and bigger.
After some time, Escobar has planes, helicopters, and two small submarines. He uses them to send cocaine to the USA. At one point, Escobar and his people make 70 million US dollars a day.
For his business, Escobar pays many policemen and government officials. This way they will not stop him. When somebody is against him, he kills this person. Escobar is stronger and stronger.
Some people from the police in Colombia want to catch Escobar. They try to find his location.
On December 2, 1993, the police know his location. There is a fight. Pablo Escobar is killed in this fight. He is 44 years old.
Difficult words: steal (to take and not to pay), submarine (a ship which goes under water, and people live inside the ship), find (to know information about something).
What strategies did Pablo Escobar use to stay one step ahead of the authorities while he was running his cocaine empire?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.