The day of the United States Declaration of Independence – level 3
The United States Declaration of Independence was adopted on July 4, 1776, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The document was primarily written by Thomas Jefferson, with input from other people including John Adams and Benjamin Franklin.
The Declaration of Independence announced that the thirteen American colonies, then at war with Great Britain, regarded themselves as independent states and no longer as part of the British Empire.
The Declaration of Independence was signed by 56 American leaders.
The Declaration was printed in a quantity of 200 copies and was widely distributed and publicly read throughout the colonies in the following weeks.
What was the purpose of the Declaration of Independence?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.