The day of the Tunguska Event – level 1
It is June 30, 1908. A big explosion happens in Siberia. The explosion has the power of one thousand bombs in Hiroshima. The explosion breaks windows 65 kilometers away.
Leonid Kulik is a Russian scientist. He wants to know more about the explosion. He visits the place 19 years after the explosion. He sees a big area with 80 million trees. The trees are on the ground. They are dead.
People think that the reason for the explosion is a big meteoroid.
Difficult words: explosion (a moment when something explodes), Siberia (a big area in Russia), power (when something has power, it is very strong), reason (why something happens), meteoroid (a big stone that travels through space).
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.