The day of the Smolensk air disaster – level 1
On April 10, 2010, a Polish plane is flying to Russia. There are many important Polish people on board the plane. The president and his wife are there. Top army officers and members of the parliament are also on board.
The plane is flying to an old airport which isn’t good for a big plane.
There is big fog at the airport. The captain wants to fly to another airport, but some army officers don’t like it. They tell the captain that he must land at the old airport.
When the captain tried to land, the plane hits trees. Then, the plane crashes.
96 people on board die. It is a horrible thing for Poland.
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.