The day of the Phoenix Lights – level 2
On March 13, 1997, in the evening, people started to see big lights in the sky in Arizona. There were usually 5 lights in one big formation. The formation was 1.5 kilometers wide.
People also reported that the lights were moving quite low and without a sound. The lights were moving slowly and constantly.
The lights were seen by many people, including university professors, doctors, and pilots. One airport operator also saw them, and he was shocked when he saw lights in the sky, but he didn’t see anything on the radar.
Thousands of people saw this UFO, but they didn’t know what exactly it was. For a long time, the government didn’t want to give a clear answer.
Four months later, the army published an official statement. The army said that the objects were army flares.
Difficult words: formation (a shape), report (to describe a situation), UFO (unidentifiable flying objects), statement (official information), flare (a thing which produces light and is used as a signal).
What could have been the real explanation for the lights people saw on March 13, 1997?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.