The day of the Kursk submarine disaster – level 1
It is August 12, 2000. The Russian submarine Kursk is in the Barents Sea. There are 118 men on board.
At one moment, a torpedo explodes inside the submarine. The submarine starts to go down. Two minutes later, there is another big explosion.
Many sailors die in the second explosion. Then 23 men stay alive in one section of the submarine A fire starts in this section, too. The fire takes all the oxygen from this area. All 118 men on board the submarine die.
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.