The day of the highest temperature recorded on Earth – level 1
The highest temperature on Earth is 56.7 degrees Celsius. People measure it on July 10, 1913, in Death Valley.
Death Valley is a desert in California. It is a very hot place.
If you want to measure temperature, the standard conditions are in the air, 1.5 meters above the ground, and out of direct sunlight.
It is interesting that some animals can live in the heat of Death Valley. One of the most interesting is the pupfish. It is a small fish which lives in two locations in Death Valley. The fish can live in water temperatures of 43 degrees Celsius.
What other animals, if any, can live in Death Valley's extreme temperatures?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.