The day of the Battle of Normandy – level 1
It is May 1943. The Americans want to go to France. They want to free France from the Germans. The Americans want to enter France in Normandy. Normandy is in northern France. It is a difficult operation because the Germans are strong in Normandy.
It is June 6, 1944. 7,000 ships go from England to France. The Germans wait for them in France. They shoot at the Americans. Many Americans die. It is horrible.
Then the Americans are stronger. The Germans can’t stop them. More and more Americans come. They free France step by step.
On August 25, 1944, Paris is free.
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.