The day of the Battle of Gaugamela – level 3
The Battle of Gaugamela, today’s Iraq, fought on October 1, 331 BC, was a confrontation between Alexander the Great’s Macedonian forces and Darius III’s Persian army.
Despite being outnumbered, Alexander’s army won thanks to superior tactics.
The Battle of Gaugamela opened the doors for Alexander to conquer the Persian Empire, and become the ruler of one of the largest empires in history.
The battle showed Alexander’s brilliant military skills and earned him the title of “the Great.”
What strategies did Alexander use to secure victory against the numerically superior Persian army at the Battle of Gaugamela?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.