The day of the Battle of Gaugamela – level 1
The Battle of Gaugamela happens on October 1, 331 BC. Gaugamela is in today’s Iraq. The battle is between the army of Alexander the Great and the Persian army.
The Persian army has more soldiers but Alexander wins because he uses better tactics.
After the Battle of Gaugamela, Alexander takes control over the Persian Empire. Now, Alexander’s empire is very big.
The battle shows that Alexander is a fantastic soldier. People give him the name “Alexander the Great.”
What other military tactics did Alexander the Great use to defeat larger armies?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.