The day Mother Teresa died – level 1
Anjeze Gonxhe Bojaxhiu is born in 1910 in Skopje. Today, Skopje is the capital city of North Macedonia.
When Anjeze is a small girl, she has a dream. Anjeze wants to go to another country. She wants to learn and teach about God. Anjeze leaves home when she is 18 years old. She goes to Ireland.
In 1929, Anjeze goes to India. She is a geography teacher. However, she wants to help poor people in India. These people have nothing.
In 1931, Anjeze changes her name. Now, she is Teresa. She stops her work at school because she wants to help poor people in Calcutta. People call her the Angel of Calcutta.
In 1979, Teresa gets the Nobel Peace Prize. She dies on September 5, 1997.
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.