The day Louis XVI was executed – level 1
It is the eighteenth century. Two groups of people live in France. Some people are very poor. Sometimes they don’t have money to buy bread. Some people are very rich. They live in castles. They have a good life.
It is logical that the poor people aren’t happy. They start to plan an attack. They attack the Bastille. The French Revolution starts.
King Louis XVI tries to run away from France. But people catch him. They put him in prison. Then, he is killed on January 21, 1793. His death is an important moment in the revolution. After his death, France becomes a republic.
Difficult words: century (100 years), castle (a big house where the king lives), logical (understandable), Bastille (an old prison in Paris), catch (to stop somebody who wants to run away), republic (a government where the people decode their leaders).
What were the consequences of the death of King Louis XVI for the French Revolution?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.