The day Leonardo Da Vinci was born – level 3
Leonardo da Vinci was born on April 15, 1452, into a wealthy family in Italy. He was born out of wedlock, which was considered a scandalous situation at the time. However, this did not seem to affect his social standing as he was able to move freely in the highest circles of Italian society.
Some of Leonardo’s most famous artworks include the Mona Lisa, and the Last Supper.
Leonardo was not only an artist but also an inventor, engineer, and scientist. He made significant contributions to the fields of anatomy, astronomy, and physics.
Leonardo was left-handed, which was also seen as unusual in his time. He used mirror writing, which means that his writing could only be read by holding it up to a mirror. Some historians speculate that he did this to keep his notes secret from others.
Leonardo died in France on May 2, 1519. He was 67 years old.
What was the significance of Leonardo's left-handedness?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.