The day Leonardo Da Vinci was born – level 1
Leonardo da Vinci is born on April 15, 1452, in Italy. His parents aren’t married. It is a scandalous situation, but it doesn’t affect Leonardo’s life. He is able to move freely in the highest Italian society.
Leonardo’s most famous artworks are the Mona Lisa, and the Last Supper.
Leonardo isn’t only an artist. He is also an inventor, engineer, and scientist.
Leonardo is left-handed. It is unusual in his time. He uses mirror writing. It means that it is possible to read his writing only in a mirror. Some historians believe that he uses mirror writing because he wants to keep his notes secret.
Leonardo dies in France on May 2, 1519. He is 67 years old.
Difficult words: scandalous (shocking), supper (dinner), inventor (a person who has new ideas for machines), note (short writing).
How did Leonardo's scandalous family situation influence his life and art?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.