The day Lego started – level 3
Lego was founded on August 10, 1932, in Denmark by Ole Kirk Christiansen.
The name Lego comes from the Danish words ”leg godt,” which mean ”play well.”
The company initially produced wooden toys.
In 1958, Lego introduced the iconic interlocking bricks that the company is now known for. These bricks are designed to fit together perfectly and can be used to build an infinite number of structures.
Lego has since become one of the world’s leading toy manufacturers, with products sold in more than 130 countries.
The largest Lego tower ever built stood at 35 meters tall and was constructed in Milan, Italy in 2015. It used over half a million bricks and took five days to build.
What unique structures have you built with Lego bricks?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.