The day Jules Verne published his first novel – level 1
Five Weeks in a Balloon is a book. Jules Verne writes this book. People can buy the book on 31 January 1863.
The book tells the story of three British men. They travel across Africa in a balloon. Their journey starts in Zanzibar on the east coast. The journey ends in Senegal on the west coast.
In the book, Verne writes about real and fictional technologies. It is very interesting for his readers. The book is also full of adventures which happen during the journey across the continent.
People like this book very much.
What technologies did Jules Verne mention in Five Weeks in a Balloon that were ahead of their time?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.