The day Israeli people in Uganda were freed – level 1
It is June 27, 1976. A plane flies from Athens to Paris. There are 248 passengers on the plane. Many passengers are from Israel. There are also four hijackers on the plane. The hijackers start to control the plane. The pilots must fly to Libya.
From Libya, the plane flies to Uganda. In Uganda, the hijackers put the passengers into a big hall at the airport. The hijackers want something from Israel. They want to free 53 pro-Palestinian fighters from prison.
Israel sends 4 big planes with Israeli soldiers to Uganda. The planes land at the airport in Uganda. The Israeli soldiers fight with Ugandan soldiers. The Israeli soldiers win.
The Israeli soldiers free the passengers. Then, they take the passengers back to Israel. The whole event is 53 minutes long.
What did the hijackers want from Israel in exchange for freeing the passengers?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.