The day bitcoin was created – level 1
Bitcoin is digital money. It starts on January 3, 2009. Satoshi Nakamoto starts bitcoin. Nobody knows who Nakamoto is. He is a mystery.
The first bitcoin transaction happens on January 12, 2009. This transaction happens between Satoshi Nakamoto and computer programmer Hal Finney. Nakamoto is the sender.
In this transaction, Nakamoto sends 10 bitcoins to Finney. Nakamoto wants to test if his new electronic money system is good. This transaction is successful. It shows that the software can send digital money between people.
What other types of digital money systems exist today?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.