The day Adolf Hitler died – level 2
When Germany lost the battle at Stalingrad in 1943, Adolf Hitler started to change. He was more nervous, and his left hand was constantly shaking. Then in July 1944, somebody tried to kill him. He survived the attack but his health wasn’t good. It was difficult for him to move, and he couldn’t keep his balance.
In January 1945, Hitler moved to his underground bunker in Berlin. Only some of the most loyal people stayed with the leader.
When World War II was coming to an end in April, Hitler was still in his bunker. He had his poison ready. He wrote his last will.
On April 30, 1945, he prepared a revolver and the poison. After lunch, he and his wife said goodbye to their family and friends and went to their room. Then people heard a shot. They found Hitler with his head shot. His wife died of poisoning. Then, their bodies were burned.
Difficult words: loyal (always supporting), poison (a thing which can kill you if you eat it), will (a document which says what will happen with your money after you die), burned (destroyed in a fire).
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.